“The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.”– John 1:5
If you are a police officer in need of prayer, we invite you to contact us with your specific prayer needs.
If you are a citizen we know that we all see police officers. Sometimes we see them at the side of the road with a citizen, sometimes in a coffee shop or sometimes racing with sirens blaring into the fray. When you do see them, we ask that you remember seven words, “When you see them, pray for them.” We believe in the power of prayer, and we invite you to join us as we lift up police officers. Here are specific things you can pray for:
- Pray for their safety – wherever they go, in all situations;
- Pray for their health – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual;
- Pray for their professionalism – in decision making situations, for their impartiality, fairness, protection from temptation, retaliation, and deceptiveness;
- Pray for their families at home;
- Pray for their police families;
- Pray for their honour – for compassion, trustworthiness, reliability, honesty, selflessness, consistency, moral courage, respectfulness for all;
- Pray for their leadership, by example;
- Pray for the provision and protection of their blessings;
- Pray for their leaders and policy makers;
- Pray for their salvation – that they will come to a personal relationship with Jesus as LORD and Saviour; and
- Pray for their support through Jesus, the Holy Spirit, the faithful church, the community, their peers and their family.
NOTE: The postcards featured in this photo are designed by Marcel Flier and produced by Monarch Books, an imprint of Lion Hudson.
In the event of the loss of life of an officer in the line of duty:
- Pray for the families of the lost officers, their spouses, children, parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles and all other relatives:
- Pray that they will have times of comfort and peace;
- Pray for their courage, strength, and for their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being;
- Pray for them to be surrounded by caring friends, neighbours, community members and others;
- Pray for their wisdom to lean on God for that comfort, courage, strength, wisdom and peace;
- Pray that they will discover or further develop their relationship with God throughout this tragic time;
- Pray for their faith and confidence to know that God is with them as they walk through this valley;
- Pray that the children of these officers are blessed with special comforting and peace.
- Pray for the police department family:
- Pray for their comfort and strength;
- Pray for their emotional and mental wellbeing and steadfastness at this time;
- Pray for their emotional stability and focus as they continue to serve and protect;
- Pray that God will use this time to speak to their hearts;
- Pray for Christian Peace Officers to step up and share their faith and surround them with their love, support and encouragement;
- Pray that God will grant them enough strength, love and patience to continue to serve the public;
- Pray that officers have the wisdom to seek assistance if needed so they can heal, cope well, and restore their tranquility after the memories and fears created during the time of the tragic loss of an officer’s life;
- Pray that fear will not overcome police families and that God will shine His light on them and encourage and motivate them to continue serving the public.
- Pray for Police Leadership:
- Pray that police leadership would continue to ensure they offer every opportunity for their officers to share the burdens that they feel in this situation;
- Pray for their wisdom in decision making;
- Pray for their continued dedication to achieve excellence in policing.
- Pray for the public:
- Pray that the public come along side all police officers everywhere with compassion and empathy to thank and recognize them for how hard they and their families work to keep us safe;
- Pray for the compassion and prayers of the community and of the nation for the victims;
- Pray that the public will observe and respect a police officer’s authority to serve and protect them.
- Pray for the media:
- Pray that the media exercise wisdom in their research and reporting;
- Pray for the government:
- Pray that our government, would continue to examine their efforts, to keep the loss of an officer’s life from happening again;
- Pray that the government would continue to support officers through laws and the Courts.
- Pray for the police handling of the accused:
- That the accused receive appropriate, just and fair treatment.
Our Ministry Partners and Links
One Way Ministries
Fellowship of Christian Peace Officers
The Ottawa Civic Prayer Breakfast
89 Auriga Drive
Ottawa, ON K2E 7Z2
©2022 Prayer Postcards 4 Police